- Uphold the core values and mission of the Salvation Army while conducting daily tasks and interacting with customers and other staff members
- Works well with a team and can work independently
- Contribute to a positive, uplifting environment within the store for both staff and customers
- Implements store layout plans to attract customers including window displays and merchandise displays, ensures attractiveness of the store through “Tidy Maintenance”
- Replenishes inventory levels based on Supervisor’s directions
- Contributes to the control of inventory by retrieving, sorting, and pricing as per directions
- Contributes to meeting store sales budgets by maintaining customer service standards
- Sorts incoming products
- Protects the store from inventory shrinkage by close visual monitoring
- Contributes to the H&S of staff and customers through vigilance and due-diligence
- Take responsibility for the accurate completion of all customer transactions including visa, debit, etc.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Completion of High School
- More than three months of prior, related experience
- Able to concentrate and be flexible
- Able to provide positive customer service and attentive listening skills directing visitors and answering telephone calls
- Requires substantial amount of standing, moderate amount of lifting, occasional cutting and carrying supplies
- Required to lift more than 20lbs
If there is a competition number associated with this posting, please include within the subject line of your email, fax or regular mail correspondence.
The Salvation Army will accommodate candidates as required under applicable Human Rights Legislation. If you require a disability related accommodation during this process, please inform us of your requirements.
In accordance with The Salvation Army policy and legislated requirements, employment is conditional upon the verification of credentials and completion of a background check.
Internal Applicants: Please advise Department Heads of your intentions prior to submitting your application.
APPLY ON COMPANY’S SITE