The Golf Shop Sales Associate is responsible for assisting in all facets of the Golf Shop operation. The associate must possess a strong desire to work in a fast paced sales culture, providing excellent customer service.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR ME?
- Hourly rate of $15.50
- Part Time Hours
- Resort perks:
- Free Downhill Mountain Biking pass;
- Discounted recreation tickets you can share with your friends. Let them enjoy the zip lines, ropes courses and mountain coaster!
- Discounted Golf rounds at Monterra Golf
- Staff priced meals & Starbucks treats;
- Retail savings at Columbia, North Face, Red Devil, Hillside, Lifted and more;
- Staff room rates at all our hotels;
- Reduced rate experiences at all other Alterra Mountain Company resorts.
WHAT WILL I BE DOING?
- Booking and selling all golf products including green fees, carts and retail store merchandise
- Confident in handling difficult customer situations
- Must be able to answer most golf related questions with high accuracy
- Must be comfortable in answering phones and providing accurate information
- Ensure all Golf Shop functions are carried out efficiently and in a timely manner
- Follow all standard operating procedures
- Assist in tournament setup and scoring
- Product merchandising and inventory control
- Conduct daily cash out
- Ensure that store housekeeping duties are completed on a regular basis
WHAT DO WE NEED FROM YOU?
- Must have some previous golf experience
- Must have strong computer and cash handling skills
- Previous resort knowledge is an asset
- Ability to work independently and in a group environment
- Ability to organize and multi-task effectively
- Past customer service experience is a must
- Must have good problem solving and communication skills
- Must demonstrate a high level of enthusiasm and energy
- Availability to work a variety of hours, including days, evenings, weekdays, weekends and holidays
BLUE MOUNTAIN RESORT COMPANY OVERVIEW
Blue Mountain, Ontario’s largest mountain village resort, is nestled on the shores of Southern Georgian Bay and spans across the beautiful Niagara Escarpment. Blue Mountain has evolved into a true four-season destination, and continually ranks among the top family-friendly resorts in Canada.
Whether you choose to stay with us for a Season or a Career, Blue Mountain is The Place To Be. Choosing a career at Blue Mountain Resort means joining a family of progressive, innovative and entrepreneurial co-workers who are passionate about the resort industry. From the people behind the books to the leaders on the front line, we are all dedicated to providing the best experience possible for guests and associates alike.
Alterra Mountain Company, headquartered in Denver Colorado, owns Blue Mountain Resort.
ALTERRA COMPANY OVERVIEW
Alterra Mountain Company is a community of 14 iconic year-round destinations, including the world’s largest heli-ski operation. The company owns and operates a range of recreation, hospitality, real-estate development, food and beverage and retail businesses. Headquartered in Denver, Colorado with destinations across the continent, we are rooted in the spirit of the mountains and united by a passion for outdoor adventure.
Alterra Mountain Company’s family of diverse playgrounds spans five U.S. states and three Canadian provinces. We honor each destination’s unique character and authenticity and celebrate the legendary adventures and enduring memories they bring to everyone. Resorts include:
- Steamboat and Winter Park Resort in Colorado;
- Squaw Valley Alpine Meadows, Mammoth Mountain, June Mountain and Big Bear Mountain Resort in California;
- Stratton in Vermont;
- Snowshoe in West Virginia;
- Crystal Mountain in Washington;
- Tremblant in Quebec;
- Blue Mountain in Ontario;
- Deer Valley and Solitude Mountain Resort in Utah;
- CMH Heli-Skiing & Summer Adventures in British Columbia.
Blue Mountain Resort is committed to supporting a culture of diversity and inclusiveness across the organization. We believe in equal opportunity and it is our priority to ensure a barrier-free recruitment and selection process. If you are contacted for a position, please notify Human Resources of any accommodation needs you may have during the selection process. Information received regarding the accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.